With the number of Coronavirus patients rising around the world, it is clear that China’s killer bug has been making a lot of people sick. Its entry into India has resulted in thousands of confirmed coronavirus cases and it is evident that the number is rising every day.
As there is no vaccine currently available for coronavirus, the best way to prevent ourselves from infection is to avoid being exposed to the virus. The Government of India and health officials are closely monitoring the situation and taking adequate precautionary measures to face the situation arising out of COVID-19.
21 Days Lockdown in India Announced – Exams Postponed or Cancelled Due to Coronavirus
On 24th March, 21 Days Lockdown was announced in India by honorable PM Narendra Modi in order to stop further spread of Coronavirus in India. Earlier on 18th March, the exams were postponed till 31st March and expected to be rescheduled in April. As lockdown period will be over on 14th April, chances are exams will be further rescheduled or cancelled. Here are the highlights of exams postponed due to Coronavirus Outbreak.
|Exam Postponed Due to COVID-19||Scheduled Exam Date||New Exam Date|
|JEE Main April Exam||5th – 11th April||Declared after 14th April|
|JEE Advanced||17th May||Declared after JEE Main Date|
|NEET||3rd May||In the last week of May|
|Bihar D.El.Ed 2020||28th March||Not Announced yet|
|MAH MCA CET||28th March||30th April|
|GUJCET||31st March||Declared after 14th April|
|MHT CET||13th April – 23rd April||Not Announced yet|
|CBSE Board Exams||In March||Declared after 14th April|
|DUET 2020||2nd June – 9th June||Registrations Postponed, Exam Date not announced yet|
Delhi University Closed till 14th April – Registrations Postponed
Delhi University Entrance Test (DUET) is an admission test conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for the candidates seeking admission in UG, PG, M.Phil., and PhD courses offered by Delhi University. As per the latest notice, NTA has also extended DUET Registrations date due to COVID-19 outbreak in India.
JEE Advanced Exam Postponed
As JEE Main 2020 April Exam has already been postponed due to Coronavirus lockdown, it is very obvious that JEE Advanced 2020 also stands postponed. Earlier the exam scheduled to be conducted on Sunday, 17th May but now it will be rescheduled only after JEE Main Exam. New Dates are yet to be announced.
NEET UG 2020 Postponed
As per the latest notice released by NTA, NEET 2020 Exam which was scheduled to be conducted on 3rd May has been postponed due to Coronavirus Outbreak in India. Exact date will be announced after Lockdown period only. Next review for assessing the situation will be done on 15th April.
Candidates are advised to bookmark this page to stay updated about New dates of entrance exams cancelled due to COVID-19.
NEET Admit Card Not Releasing on 27th March – Exam Likely to be Postponed
As per the latest update, NTA is not releasing NEET Admit Card 2020 on 27th March, as scheduled. Due to 21 Days of Lockdown in India, it is expected that NEET exam can also be postponed. Any further update will be announced on 14th April only.
State Level Entrance Exams Postponed Due to Coronavirus
- GUJCET (Gujarat Common Entrance Test), scheduled for 31st March, has been postponed. New exam date expected after April 15, 2020. For more details, visit gujcet.gseb.org
- MHT CET (Maharashtra Common Entrance Test), scheduled from 13th April to 23rd April, has been Postponed due to COVID-19. Click here to check Notice
- MAH MCA CET 2020 exam scheduled to be conducted on 28 March has been rescheduled for 30th April.
- Uttar Pradesh B.Ed JEE Exam, Scheduled for 8th April, has been postponed.
- Bihar D.El.Ed 2020 Postponed Due to Coronavirus Outbreak
- Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) admission test cancelled due to COVID-19
Exams Postponed Due to Coronavirus till 31st March
In a letter (No. Secy(HE)/MHRD/2020) issued by MHRD on 18th March 2020, it was stated that due to Coronavirus outbreak, all the ongoing examinations scheduled till end of March was postponed. New Dates will be notified after 31st March only.
The reason of rescheduling examinations is stated as:
While maintenance of academic calendars and exam schedule is
important, equally important is the safety and security of the students who are
appearing in various examinations, as also that of their teachers and parents.
All CBSE, NIOS and University Exams Postponed Due to Coronavirus
- All the ongoing examinations of Class 10th and 12th scheduled to be conducted between 19th and 31st March will be postponed and rescheduled after 31st March 2020.
- Re-examinations in North-East Delhi that were previously rescheduled will be further postponed till 31st March.
- New Exam Dates will be announced after 31st March only.
- All the evaluation work to also get rescheduled after 31 March
JEE Main 2020 Exam Postponed Due to Coronavirus
On 18th March, National Testing Agency also released a Notice stating that JEE Main 2020 will get postponed due to the current scenario related to Coronavirus.
Below are the highlights of Postponed JEE Main April Exams:
- JEE Main 2020 April Exams that was scheduled to be conducted on the 5th, 7th, 9th and 11th April has postponed by NTA.
- The new dates of JEE Main 2020 will also be announced on 31st March 2020
- JEE Main Admit Card will also be released on 31st March 2020
Stay tuned for latest Updates on Exams Postponed due to Coronaviurus Outbreak.